Saturday, May 27, 2006

Spreading the Word of God

I would never imagine there would be a day I would be doing something like this.

When I was young, when I was approached by those who 'preached' the Word of God, I felt uneasy. I didn't really want to listen. I suppose it is like they are telling me how to live my life, and I didn't like that.

I had many issues with God. To me, He was a mean God. He is a God, and He can do anything He likes, but I had no desire following Him, much less spreading His Words. What kind of a God would test Abraham to kill his son? On the other hand, Christ comes from Him, and He was wonderful and speaks well of God.

Years went by, and I kind of forget about the issues of God, convinced that I can never find the answer to my questions .... unless He appear before me and answer my question, which is highly unlikely. I dived into the world of science.

It wasn't until I enter the world of Oriental Medicine that I see God again. Well, they don't say it outright, but you can see hints of it. Amazing how many of the concepts in Oriental Medicine is reiterated as God explains why the world the way it is.

It was in the world of Oriental Medicine that I experience Buddha. It was Buddha who inspire me to remind people to be compassionate through teaching. Then God comes along, declaring Himself to be a loving God. Well, my work is done. Who is a better teacher of compassion than God Himself. Thus, I bring you His Words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home